[ Generic Ingredients for Erectile Dysfunction Treatment ]
More than 30 million men in the United States have Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or an inability to sustain an erection. The condition of erectile dysfunction is strongly linked with age, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and a lack of physical activity. Lifestyle changes with respect to physical activity, heart diseases, and diabetic conditions can help to prevent erectile dysfunction.
It is found that almost 90% of all men with ED have a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, including diabetes, hypertension, having poor cholesterol levels or being a current smoker. Erectile dysfunction is not a life-threatening condition but could be a symptom of certain health conditions.
Erectile Dysfunction is the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. It is also called impotence. Causes of ED are usually medical but can also be psychological. Most of the causes are usually the result of health conditions affecting the blood vessels or nerves supplying the penile. Various medications, recreational drugs, alcohol, and smoking, can all cause the condition.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
The condition of ED can be caused by various problems. It can be medical, psychological, or physical. These causes are mentioned below:
- Physical causes: Cardiovascular disease or narrowing of blood vessels, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity and metabolic syndrome, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, hormonal disorders, structural or anatomical disorder of the penile, smoking, alcoholism, treatments for prostate disease, surgical complications, injuries in the pelvic area or spinal cord, radiation therapy to the pelvic region, and atherosclerosis
- Prescription medicine that can cause ED: Drugs to control high blood pressure, heart medications such as digoxin, some diuretics, some sleeping pills and amphetamines, anxiety treatments, antidepressants, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, opioid painkillers, cancer drugs, chemotherapeutic agents, prostate treatment drugs, anticholinergics, hormone drugs, and the peptic ulcer medication
- Psychological causes: Feeling of guilt, fear of intimacy, depression, and severe anxiety
Diagnosis of Erectile Dysfunction
The condition of Erectile Dysfunction can be diagnosed by certain steps as mentioned below:
- Medical History: Doctor may ask about the symptoms and health history
- Physical exam: Doctor will test the heart and lungs, blood pressure, examine testicles and penile. Rectal exam: It is to be performed to check the prostate
- Blood or urine tests: Doctor recommend these tests to rule out other conditions
- Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) test: It is to be done to evaluate the quality of nocturnal erections and stores the data, which the doctor can later access
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
There are some signs that can conclude the condition of ED. Some of those mentioned below that indicated ED:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Difficulty in sustaining an erection during sexual intercourse
- Reduced interest in sex
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
- Anorgasmia, which is the inability to achieve orgasm after ample stimulation
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
The condition of Erectile Dysfunction is treatable. Most of the medications are taken 30 to 60 minutes before sexual intercourse. Some of the popular medicines to treat this condition are mentioned below:
The main active ingredient used in the medications to treat Erectile Dysfunction is Avanafil, Herbal, Sildenafil Citrate, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil. The popular medications are as follows:
Avanafil brands include: Avaforce and Avana
The advantage of this pill is its immediate effect in the bloodstream. It helps the penile to get erect within 30 minutes of its consumption during sexual arousal. The medication is best for the men suffering from moderate to severe levels of impotence.
Herbal brands include: Confido, Speman, and Musli Power Xtra
Herbal medicine is composed of Small Caltrops and Cowhage. It possesses an androgenic property that shall enhance the sperm count and testosterone levels, so as to combat penile failure condition including impotence in men. It is composed of herbal solutions that gain effectiveness with no side effects. It is completely safe for consumption and attaining effectiveness.
Sildenafil Citrate Brands include: Kamagra, Filagra Oral Jelly, Eriacta, Zenegra, Fildena, and Silvitra
It is known for its quick action mechanism and long-lasting effective outcomes. The medicine is prescribed in impotent men for attaining and maintaining stiffer erection for the session of planned lovemaking session. Its effectiveness lasts for 6 hours.
Tadalafil brands include: Tadalis SX, Adcirca, Tadarise, Vidalista, Tadalista, Tadasoft, Tadacip, Tastylia, Alyq, Sildalist, Megalis, Tadora, Tadagra, Cialis, Tazzle, and Forzest
This ingredient is the most powerful that intended to treat Erectile Dysfunction. Its effectiveness lasts for 36 hours. Due to such long-lasting effectiveness, it is also called the weekend pill or the weekender pill.
Vardenafil brands include: Vilitra, Vardenafil, Filitra, and Valif
The active ingredient works by relaxing the blood vessels in the penile achieved by enhancing the flow of blood and causing an erection. This is the natural response to sexual stimulation. Its effect lasts for 4 hours.